Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Below are some sentences for you. Please fix the issues and write the correct sentences in the comments.

Page 1 / 2

Rajinder Soni
(@rajinder-soni)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

1. ‘Staying fit & Healthy’ is a universal phenomena.

2. The co-administration of resveratrol and curcumin, two compounds with low Solubility, poor bioavailability and stability issues, have been reported.

3. You can be an inspiration for tons of people out there who wants to achieve something.

4. Have the guts to quit what you unlike.

5. The main moto to celebrate national youth day is to motivate people to achievetheir Goals.

6. In this way, you can work for the beterment of nation because Swami always beleived that future ofcountry lies within the action of it’s people.

7. You cannot pour water fromempty glass and similarly you cannot work for others & help them If you yourself are unable maintain your health.

Rajinder Soni
Digital Writopreneurs Hub

This topic was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Rajinder Soni

Rajinder Soni on LinkedIn

Poulomi liked
shibangidas
(@shibangidas)

Here are the corrections I made to the above sentences and have given thorough explanation for my corrections:

1) ‘Staying fit and healthy’ is a universal phenomenon.

In the first sentence, I have changed the capital H into small h in the word healthy and phenomena to phenomenon. The word phenomena is not appropriate here as not many events are mentioned so as to be referred as phenomena, which is a plural word.

2) The co-administration of resveratrol and curcumin, two compounds with low solubility, poor bioavailability and stability issues has been reported.

In this sentence, I’ve made three corrections. The “s” in solubility is changed from capital to small because it is not a proper noun. “Have” is changed to “has” because here, the verb is actually in sync with the singular noun “co-administration” and not with the the mentioned qualities of the compounds. Lastly, a space has been added between “issues” and “has”

3) You can be an inspiration for tons of people out there who want to achieve something.

Here, “wants” is changed to “want” because tons of people is plural and must be followed by singular verb

4) Have the guts to quit what you dislike.

Here, “unlike” is changed to “dislike” as latter one is more appropriate tham the former. You can unlike a post not an occupation, work, habit or a person.

5) The main motto to celebrate National Youth Day is to motivate people to achieve their goals.

Here, spelling correction is made in the word “motto”, initials of National Youth Day is capitalised as it is a specific celebratory day and not like everyday, space is added between “achieve” and “their” and the “g” is changed from capital to small.

6) In this way, you can work for the betterment of nation because Swami always believed that future of country lies within the action of its people.

Here, spelling correction is made in the word “betterment”, space is added between “of” and “the”, and “it’s” is changed into “its”.

7) You cannot pour water from an empty glass. Similarly, you cannot work for others and help them if you yourself are unable to maintain your health.

Here, one whole sentence is divided into two so as to modify the sentence in a better way to be appropriately readable. I of “if” is chamged from capital to small and between the words “unable” and “maintain”, “to” is added.

Lastly, i want to add that this activity was really very useful and fun too. This activity is a perfect thing to keep check on the small mistakes we use to make often. I would love to do more of these activities as it would give a boost to my grammar skills as well as concentration power.

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

1. ‘Staying fit & Healthy’ is a universal phenomenon

2. The co-administration of resveratrol and curcumin, two compounds with low solubility, poor bio-availability and stability issues, has been reported.

3. You can be an inspiration for lots of people out there who want to achieve something.

4. Have the guts to quit what you dislike.

5. The main motto to celebrate “National Youth Day” is to motivate people to achieve their Goals.

6. In this way, you can work for the betterment of the nation because Swami always believed that the future of a country lies within the action of its people.

7. You cannot pour water from an empty glass, and similarly, you cannot work for others and help them if you yourself are unable maintain your health.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Risha Khan

ReplyQuote
D Arun Prasad
 D Arun Prasad
(@D Arun Prasad)

1. ‘Staying fit & Healthy’ are an universal Phenomenon.

2. The co-administration of Resveratrol and Curcumin, two compounds with low solubility, poor bioavailability and stability issues, have been reported.

3. You can be an inspiration to tons of people out there who wants to achieve something.

4. Have the guts to quit what you don’t like.

5. The main motto to celebrate National Youth Day is to motivate people to achieve their goals.

6. In this way, you can work for the betterment of nation because Swami always believed that future of the country lies with the action of it’s people.

7. You cannot pour water from empty glass and similarly you cannot work for others & help them If you, yourself is unable to maintain your health.

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

@shibangidas hello 👋 dear. All your sentences are correct, except point number 3 where you should change ‘tons of people’ to ‘many people’. Don’t you think tons of people is not correct as we are talking about people and not products.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

@risha15 all other sentences are perfect except point numbers 1 and 5 where you missed to fix capitalisation issues and ampersand to and. Recheck and fix.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

@D Arun Prasad hello 👋. There are a lot of issues in your fixed sentences. I recommend you to scroll up and check Shibhangi’s answer followed by my reply to Shibhangi.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
risha15
 risha15
(@risha15)

@connectrajinder, I have fixed the errors now 🙂 

1. ‘Staying fit and healthy’ is a universal phenomenon.

2. The co-administration of resveratrol and curcumin, two compounds with low solubility, poor bioavailability, and stability issues, has been reported.

3. You can be an inspiration for lots of people out there who want to achieve something.

5. The main motto to celebrate “National Youth Day” is to motivate people to achieve their goals.

6. In this way, you can work for the betterment of the nation because Swami always believed that the future of a country lies within the action of its people.

7. You cannot pour water from an empty glass, and similarly, you cannot work for others and help them if you yourself are unable maintain your health.

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

@connectrajinder Sir, I have fixed the errors as suggested

1. ‘Staying fit and healthy’ is a universal phenomenon.

2. The co-administration of resveratrol and curcumin, two compounds with low solubility, poor bioavailability, and stability issues, has been reported.

5. The main motto to celebrate “National Youth Day” is to motivate people to achieve their goals.

7. You cannot pour water from an empty glass, and similarly, you cannot work for others and help them if you yourself are unable to maintain your health.

ReplyQuote
Shibangi das
 Shibangi das
(@Shibangi das)

@connectrajinder
Yes, I reread the third sentence and the usage of tons of people actually seems inappropriate.It should be changed to many people .

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

Thank you Risha, Shibangi, and Arun ji for sharing your answers to this grammar exercise. I hope other members will also add their corrected answers with a proper reason why the sentence should be written in their way.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
Ratha Jeyalaksmi
 Ratha Jeyalaksmi
(@Ratha Jeyalaksmi)

I don’t have such experience as I have not yet started writing articles. My suggestion is get 50 ℅ of the amount as an advance before writing. Also an agreement should be signed by both the client as well as the writer.

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

@Ratha Jeyalaksmi okay. Still your comment is valuable.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
Poulomi
(@poulomi)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @rajinder-soni

1. ‘Staying fit & Healthy’ is a universal phenomena.

2. The co-administration of restorative and cur-cumin, two compounds with low Solubility, poor bio-availability and stability issues, have been reported.

3. You can be an inspiration for tons of people out there who wants to achieve something.

5. The main moto to celebrate national youth day is to motivate people to achieve their Goals.

6. In this way, you can work for the betterment of nation because Swami always believed that future of country lies within the action of it’s people.

7. You cannot pour water from empty glass and similarly you cannot work for others & help them If you yourself are unable maintain your health.

Rajinder Soni

1. ‘Staying fit and Healthy’ is a universal phenomenon.

2. The co-administration of restorative and cur-cumin, two compounds with low Solubility, poor bio-availability and stability issues, have been reported.

5. The main motto to celebrate the ‘National Youth Day ‘ is to motivate people to achieve their Goals.

6. In this way, you can work for the betterment of the nation because Swami always believed that the future of country lies within the action of it’s people.

7. You cannot pour water from empty glass and similarly, you cannot work for others & help them if you yourself are unable to maintain your health.

Poulomi Das Bhattacharya

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

@Poulomi, please find the correct answers in Shibangi’s post.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: