Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Future of Writing: ChatGPT4 vs Human Intelligence

Rajinder Soni
(@rajinder-soni)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Advancement in scientific technologies and their impact on society is not a new thing. However, this technological advancement in language-based chatbot, (chatGPT) is called a generative pre-trained transformer, and its new version GPT4 is in a different league altogether.

GPT4 is able to think and do tasks that were very recently not even imagined to be even possible by AI and remained fully within the human domain.

For example, creating a website as per the ideas written on a rough handwritten draft, identifying what is funny about the image, identifying what is the food ingredient just from the image, dishing out endless recipes with that ingredient being the key one, scheduling meetings automatically from the available time slots of participants and many others.

Tax calculations, writing, and coding were done earlier using a computer but now using GPT4, they are done at a much faster speed and accuracy.

Technological disruption was caused earlier when many computational tasks were automated using computing power.

As the computing power increased exponentially, some of the tasks like cracking the cryptic code, which required human intelligence could now also be done using brute computational force, which simply tries out all options, instead of trying to see the patterns, and logic in the cryptic code.

However, still, many human jobs were safe, as replacing their thinking power was not economically feasible.

This status quo is changing because now the computational prowess of machines is being married to human thinking-like abilities. The very edge we (humans) have over machines of our superior thinking abilities is being blunted and in some cases even vanishes.

This change of language bots like GPT4, becoming mainstream and being increasingly used to do tasks of humans is going to affect jobs in large numbers.

However unlike earlier, not many new jobs are going to be created for humans to switch over and those few that will be created will require substantial technological prowess, beyond most persons’ mental capabilities.

However. I would not like to end this article on a gloomy note. On a lighter note, I will say that computers and AI can do computational tasks, now even some thinking tasks better than humans but they are unlikely to be able to cope with the weirdity, unpredictablity, irrational emotionality, of human nature, and how it sometimes leads to a very quixotic behavior from otherwise quite intelligent balanced humans.

Hence only humans who have all these fallacies, you might say, can lead other humans like them.

See I am a Writing Coach and Chief Coach of Digital Writopreneurs Hub and I am 100 percent in agreement with the above post that chatGPT or any of the artificially intelligent software cannot compete with human intelligence.

I will give you an example to support my statement. For example, you are a writer and a client gives you writing work where you need to attend an exhibition and you need to write a 2500-word review of that event in your own words.

So how and where this chatGPT will help the writer? Even if a new AI software is designed where the writer will record the complete video of the exhibition or event and will upload it into the software to generate content. Then also the emotions, the feelings, the heart-to-heart connections, the authenticity, the warmth, and the values of humans all will be missed.

So it is true that ChatGPT and other AI software can help us in generating beginner-level robotic content from the Internet within a fraction of a second, but still, it cannot master and write human creativity, emotionality, warmth, and feelings into the writeup making the AI software only helpful for companies that focus on bulk article writing work.

Rajinder Soni on LinkedIn

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: