Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What is the income potential of a writer?

Preeti Shah
(@preetishah)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

What is the income potential of a writer?

Amit Masih
(@amitmasih)
Moderator Moderator

Writing is converting your thoughts and expressions into words. Nowadays, freelance writing is a lucrative career opportunity through which writers can earn regular income. Freelancing also offers you the opportunity to work with different businesses from different corners of the globe.

Income wise, the money you can generate from writing varies and depends on the number of words you are writing and the consistency you have maintained. In India, a fresher writer can earn up to 15k and sky is the limit for experienced writers.

Any specific and exact answer to this question cannot be written. Freelance content writing is a booming sector, through which writers earn handsome income. It is not easy to quote a fixed rate. Many variables work behind someone’s potentials of earning through writing. 

The variables are:

1. Experience and Expertise– The time you have invested in learning a particular domain is called ‘experience’ earned. This gives a boost to the payment you are receiving from your clients. It is clear that the the more we invest in something, the more we face the mistakes and the solutions to overcome them?  Besides, the knowledge and passion you have in your domain can add more zeros to your income.

2. Type of Content– Writing is a very wide sector, that includes blogging, e-books, articles, content creation for social media, scripts for videos and movies, descriptions for products and services. Writing also opens the door to editing, copyrighting, shadow writing, and so on. The income varies with the various categories of writings.

3. Quality– The quality of anything gets value. This same phrase suits writing also. If you are writing reader-friendly and quality content, the client will love to pay you a wonderful amount.

4. Efforts– Sometimes to write something, we need to put a lot of effort such as research. The more you will put efforts the more you will get. A writer can earn as much as he needs to live a merry and stable life. A writer can earn more by pushing his boundaries. The number of examples is increasing rapidly, those who became financially independent, and living their dream life.

Take Away Message– Do write with your heart and take care of deadlines. This will drive you to get more projects hence more income.

RAVINDER, Mansi Arora, Risha Khan and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

@amitmasih Quite insightful and enlightening 👍 👍 👍 👍 

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member

@amitmasih its full of value, Sir 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Amit Masih
(@amitmasih)
Moderator Moderator

@risha15 Thank you Risha ma’am! I am so grateful that a person like you has liked it. It truly means a lot to me. Thanks again! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Amit Masih
(@amitmasih)
Moderator Moderator

@manainthemaking Thank you Mansi ma’am. I have noticed that you are a great achiever in the community. Keep up the good work and God bless you. 🙂

ReplyQuote
RAVINDER
(@ravinder)
Eminent Member

@amitmasih, I am amazed to see the writing opportunities of digital writers. Your response was full of valuable information. Thank you, Amit Masih.

ReplyQuote
Amit Masih
(@amitmasih)
Moderator Moderator

@ravinder It matters a lot, Ravinder Maam! I would like to congratulate you for your book. You are the person from whom I can learn many things related to launching books. Thanks again for your kind words. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Sowspeaks
(@sowspeaks)
Eminent Member

@amitmasih that was a very compact and effective write-up. 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: