How to write the be…

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] How to write the best Q&A or Interview-type article?

Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I need guidance on how to write the best Q&A style or Interview-type article. Is there any format to be followed?

connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

Yes, Risha. A Q&A is one of the easiest methods of creating an interview-type article. Many writers think that it is only an edited transcript of an interview that includes both the interviewer’s questions and the interviewee’s response in written format, but it should be actually more than that if you want to make it a hit. A few months ago, Vineetha Punit, one of my trained writers, wrote an outstanding Q&A article and it became famous very quickly and received loads of comments from the readers, so I will give you a quick format here and some practical and proven tips.

1. You need to write an outstanding title, for example, “A Dietician’s Perspective to Weight Loss” if you are interviewing a famous dietician in your area.
  2. Add a summary of three lines and an introduction of up to 300 words where you can deliver your knowledge of the subject.
  3. Then you need to bridge the reader towards the interview by writing some questions, for example, “What if we tell you that dieting need not be boring or we tell you that it should not be an expensive affair?”
  4. Now you can add a callout or highlighted text button to move the reader further to arouse interest. You can write, “We will tell you whom to clarify your doubts from”.
  5. It is time to start adding your interviewee’s credentials, by writing, “We spoke to Ms. Vibha Hasija who is a registered dietician with 22 years of experience”.
  6. Now all the Questions and Answers will follow. Remember that the questions should be formatted in a way that you can get detailed answers from them. This means that you should not ask questions where you get answers like ‘yes’ or ‘no’.

And I would like to add more and this will also serve as a protip for today: While writing Q&A or interview-type article you should not end the article with questions and answers but rather you should go further and add something like this, “Now that many of our queries have been answered, let us look at some interesting, scientifically proven facts about weight loss” and you will again have a chance to showcase your expertise and interest of the subject by writing about the facts. Remember your knowledge should not be superficial. It should be deep about the subject. Also, this will make your article long-form to help it grab Google’s love

At the end of the article, you can give a free gift to your readers. Now you may be wondering how. I will give you one example. You can write like this, “The best 10 comments will be eligible for a 10% discount on their first weight loss consultation with Ms. Vibha Hasija”. This will be a win-win situation for both. The interviewer will get free leads for their business and you will get free content for your article.

#articletype #bestq&a #interviewtype #writethebest #digitalwritopreneurs

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

ReplyQuote
Vineetha Punit
 Vineetha Punit
(@Vineetha Punit)

Hey Risha. Thanks for asking this question. A QnA type article is one of the easiest to write yet one of the easiest to backfire. A basic QnA isn’t what captures the mind of readers. You’ll need to make it read-worthy.

First, your choice of topic. Opt for a topic that is trending. Next, select an expert to interview. He/she should have verifiable credentials. Third, prepare a set of questions that you will want to read on had you been the reader. Get detailed but concise answers to them. Insert interesting facts or myth busters in your article. Finally, add a perk for the readers.
Edit or get the entire document edited by someone in the field to ensure a crisp copy. Use attractive pictures/engaging videos wherever possible. Once published, share the article in every possible social media to get maximum engagement.
The sentence examples! Rajinder has used in his reply above have been taken from my QnA article about which he has mentioned. Do read it for better understanding of the above pointers.
Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@Vineetha Punit, thank you so much for your valuable insights 🙂 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@connectrajinder Sir, Thank you so much for helping me out. I was really curious about writing an article in Q&A as well as interview type. In one of your Mastermind sessions, you gave several ideas about writing articles, and one of them was “Interview with an Expert”.

Thankfully, Vineetha’s article served to be a great example when writing such type of articles. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Risha Khan

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

@risha15 welcome 😊. I am happy that I was able to guide you in the right direction.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: