Clear all

[Sticky] Freelance Writing

Page 1 / 3

connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

7 Techniques to Connect with High-Paying Clients

Are you an experienced freelance content writer but still working for low-paying clients? Do you want to get connected with high-paying clients? If yes, then the below-mentioned techniques will help you:

1. Create a shift in your mindset and utilize the law of attraction and positive imagination to find lucrative writing jobs (what we think all day long starts appearing in front of our eyes). Say this to yourself that you will not work for low-paying clients in one month from today. One of my writopreneurs was able to convert herself from working as a 35-paise-per-word bulk writer to a 3-rs-per-word niche expert just because she started thinking the way I trained her.

2. Don’t look for bulk or mass jobs. Start finding niche job boards and apply there. Always remember that the “riches are in the niches”.

3. Check other high-paying freelance writers. Check their self-branding techniques, the hashtags they use, their websites, and join their communities. See how they provide value around them on a consistent basis.

4. Start targeting publications that pay professional rates. Connect with a client that has a profit-making website as they can pay you better rates than startups.

5. Start pitching your freelance writing offers to top brands. Send your proposal to companies that sell services and products.

6. Look for clients that have a business presence of 5 years or more.

7.  Stop writing for content mills or third-party agencies. It is difficult to find a direct client but it is not impossible.

All the techniques mentioned above are helpful but some writers may find it difficult to implement them.

So to eliminate this pain, I am sharing with you a bonus technique. Many writopreneurs have high-paying clients knocking at their doors utilizing this. Do you want to learn this from scratch? If yes, then read my article: 9 Ways to Brand Yourself as an Influential Freelance Writer

Like, share, and comment below this article if you really liked it.

#writing #freelancewriting #techniques #highpayingclients #digitalwritopreneurs #rajindersoni

Signup Link: If you want to start writing with us, signup here.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

Puja Mathur
 Puja Mathur
(@Puja Mathur)

I think these practical guidelines will actually help writers find the right clients.
In today’s world where content is king, we just need to have patience and search for the right opportunity.
Keep it going guys.
It’s your hard work and never be ashamed to ask for what is rightfully yours.
All the best

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Puja Mathur amazing input. It is good to inspire and motivate new writers in our community.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

9 Steps to Writing Great Copies That Sell like Hotcakes

Over the years, copywriting has helped businesses make millions and trillions. A minor tweak in the headline can make a difference of millions in sales. Below are 9 steps to writing great copies that sell like hotcakes:

• Understand your client – what are their purpose, mission, vision, and values. The second thing is to learn about their business objectives and then get to know about their experience, style, and the way they connect with their leads. You also need to understand the behavior of their typical customers. Now identify your audience – whether it is cold, warm, or hot because each of those segments needs to be addressed differently. You will need to come up with different sets of headlines and copies for each of the audience.
  • Make your ideal customer avatar – give them a name, think what they look like, what are they interested in, what are their major pain points, and write your copy keeping that ideal customer in mind. This is the crux of copywriting. Once you understand who you are writing to convince, the job becomes a lot easier.
  • Come up with multiple headlines and pick the best two to three out of them and test them against each other.
  • You can use the AIDA or the PASTOR model for writing your copy; AIDA – Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action whereas PASTOR is Problem/Person, Amplify the Problem, Story/Solution, Transformation/Testimony, Offer, and Response.
  • Another way to go is by utilizing the hook, story, and offer method. Your headline should work as a hook (grab the reader’s attention) and then lead them to the story and the offer.
  • Understand the fact that “people buy what they want, not what they need.” – Credits: Copywriting secrets by Jim Edwards.
  • Your copy should be more focused on the reader and it should be less about you. If you are planning to add an ‘About Us’ section, add it in the lower sections of your copy.
  • Benefits over features – always highlight how they will be benefitted from the product and not just the specifications of that product. Connect with their emotions.
  • Use bullets to attract your users and keep them focused. They help you in conveying plenty of impactful things in a summarized and highlighted form and create a sense of urgency. Do not underestimate this step.

As copywriters, we need to write multiple versions of the same copy to test them against each other and find the winning one. Are you ready to become the next copywriter? Share your desire in reply to this post.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
Puja Mathur
 Puja Mathur
(@Puja Mathur)

Loved the idea of creating a customer profile and try convincing them.
I think as writers that’s one thing which often confuses us…..whoma are we writing for?
This tip allows us to focus.

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Puja Mathur yes this is the most important factor. Writers forget to define their target audience and do not identify their passion niche. This is the reason they keep on receiving low-paying gigs.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

If you are a freelance writer or editor🖋 then besides looking for work from clients please go ahead and create your own account on sites like www.truelancer.com. I recommend this personally as I have hired many freelancers for creating 3D design covers for my courses and explainer videos for my FB ads. I have even hired voiceover artists at affordable rates.

Although I have not hired any content writers but I have heard from other digital coaches that they were able to connect with really good writers who added quality content to their websites and blogs.

You can also register for freelance work on www.problogger.com and www.hubstaff.com. However, they have a strict quality standard.

The payment system of www.fiverr.com is really authentic. Fiverr is equally beneficial for entrepreneurs or clients who order work and for freelancers who offer work.

In addition to this, if you also want to create your own writing system where you will remain the owner of your content throughout life but still you will be able to bring revenue every month then register for my live webinar today at 8 pm to build your long-term profitable writing business with complete intellectual property rights remaining with you.

Hope I was able to help with this information. Will keep on looking for more opportunities to help editors and writers.🙏

If you want to write🖋 error free and plagiarism free content then register for my live👨‍💻 consultation to take this further at 8 pm🎇 every alternate day.

Join Practical LIVE WORKSHOP FOR WRITERS by Rajinder Soni, CEO, Digital Writopreneurs Hub

I am inviting you to my 8 pm developmental writing session. Let us focus on writing your next masterpiece:

1. Write 200 words and upload on our website: https://rajindersoni.com/community/sample-1/

2. I will read your paragraph and help you develop your article further.

3. I will provide you complete structure and important elements.

4. Will help you create effective and attention-grabbing titles and summaries

5. Kickass introduction and body

6. Killer conclusion with a call-to-action as a professional and recognized author

Time: Jan 3, 2020 08:00 PM India

Join Zoom Meeting : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84114509456?pwd=MThYR1k3YUdFU2FvK1hDTXNGRWhFUT09

Meeting ID: 841 1450 9456

Passcode: 774369

P.S.: The content will be edited on first come first serve basis. Please be ready with your pen and notepad. Paragraphs published on our forum ( https://rajindersoni.com/community/sample-1/sir-please-check-my-paragraph/) will be given preference. Please turn off your MIC and turn on your videos. You can use the chat box. You can speak after taking permission.

Rajinder Soni
( https://rajindersoni.com/community/sample-1/)Your doubts will be discussed here.

Rajinder Soni, CEO

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

Title: 4 Effective Measures to get Best Rates from your Clients

Original Question: I am a freelance writer and I have clients, but my rates are very low. So what are the best ways to get work at high rates?

Target Audience: Freelance writers in India.

Summary: Are you a freelance writer in India and frustrated with low rates for your work? If yes, then this article is for you. Here, we will reveal 5 important steps that will help you get increased rates from your clients.

Introduction

Getting low rates from clients is a big issue when you know that your work is of high quality. Don’t worry, you are not alone. Approximately 95% of freelance writers in India face this problem. After doing a lot of research and review mining, we have come up with a proper solution to this problem. In this article, we will reveal the 5 important steps that will help freelance writers to receive increased rates from the clients.

Step #1: Focus on creating a Writer’s Brand

1. Creating a writer’s brand is very important. It is not limited to creating a logo or designing your website’s visual appearance. You should create your tagline or mission statement that defines who you are and what your aim is. This will help you to connect better with your target audience.
  2. Create a strong portfolio of your work, style, and capabilities that are unique and make you stand out from the crowd.
  3. Publish your work on social media sites, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. This will help you gain recognition as an expert writer in your chosen niche. Offer critique advice to your clients and suggest what you can do to improve their website content. Posting regularly on these sites will help you in creating backlinks to your already published work. It will build credibility and drive more traffic to your work.

Step #2: Build Your Google Authority

Google authority, in simple words, is your photo (avatar) and your author name that appears on “Google Search” results pages. It helps you to build a reputation based on comments, shares, or links to your content. “Review Mining” is a method of creating authority that will help you to look at things from your reader’s perspective. To gain Google Authority:

1. You should join online forums and communities based on your passion niche. Pay attention to the questions asked by several people and answers given by experts on platforms such as Quora and Reddit. Participate in discussions and analyze the pain-points of your audience. Your problem-solving skills will help in creating trust among your audience.

2. Conduct online polls to understand the demands and strengthen your research while writing your articles.

Upload the same profile picture on all your digital properties, such as your blog, website, and social media profiles.  In this way, people will easily recognize you.

So, what are you waiting for? Follow the steps and create your authority. The more social activity you do, the more authority you gain in this highly competitive online world.

Step #3: Create Your Digital Properties

Other than working for clients, it is always best to create digital properties for your audience.

Here are a few ways to create these digital assets will help you:

• Create blogs, websites, and reader channels to drive more traffic to your published work. This will increase your chance of getting noticed and hired for the job.
  • Join a writer’s community. There you can find several like-minded people to build a strong network. Write encouraging comments on their articles and support each other. 
  • Create channels for your readers, such as Telegram or WhatsApp group, to provide clear and crisp updates of your work and get more visibility.
  • Start podcasting and share your experience in short audio clips. You will build a loyal fan base and eventually attract more trustworthy clients.
  • Focus on a particular niche. When you complete all the above steps and have gained more readers and followers, you will automatically receive more work requests. Focus on a particular niche and drill down to gain more knowledge because generalization will never yield excellent results. Niche writers always have their fixed set of readers and followers because they share and care about their topics.

Step #4: Set Your Pay Rates

Now the ball is in your court. You are an expert and well-known writer who has Google authority. So you can now set your rates as per your expertise. Hard work along with expertise is a powerful combination and never trade them for less value. You can also share your article links with the clients instead of sending the samples.

Instead of running after clients, your clients will approach you for their projects. Let your work speak for you and you will become a loyal brand in the content writing industry.

Conclusion

I hope that this article has provided complete insight into how a freelance writer can get high rates from his customer. If you follow the steps and complete your actions in the same way, I am sure that you will get more clients and good pay for your work.

Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section and stay tuned for more updates on freelancing trends, skills, and tools.

Written by: Vidyashree PN, Digital Writopreneur.

Edited by: Preeti Shah and Risha Khan, Senior Editors, Digital Writopreneurs Hub

#writer #freelancewriter #writinginIndia #increasedrates #vidyashreepn #digitalwritopreneurs

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Risha Khan

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

Main Title: 5 Reasons Why Copy Editors Make the Best SEO Content Writers

Summary:  Do you wish to hire a candidate who has an excellent command of the English language? If yes, then a copy editor may just be the one who fits the bill. In this article, we have shared 5 reasons to hire copy editors as SEO content writers.

Introduction: Copy editors are professionals who edit a lot of written material. If we will talk about a typical day of a copy editor, then they spend at least 9 to 10 hours editing articles written by authors focusing on a variety of subjects. As a result, a copy editor is fully aware of what all type of matter is most suitable to be written for any type of audience. It is precisely due to this fact that an English Copy editor can seamlessly fit into the role of SEO Content writer. Now here are five valid reasons to hire them:

1. Clarity of Thought

It is mandatory for a copy editor to edit a fixed number of pages on a daily basis. This ensures that he is exposed to a large variety of words, idioms, phrases, and terminologies. As a part of his job role, he has to not only read but also suggest changes to content written by others such that the final fruit of his labor is an error-free and immaculate article. The practice of copyediting enables him to develop an extensive vocabulary which can be very useful while working as an SEO Content Writer.

1. Good Command of English

A copy editor can be from any background, but most of the time, they are someone who has graduated from arts and humanities. These courses lay great emphasis on the regular practice of using English in daily life. Activities such as essay writing, poetry recitation, drama, and debate are also included as parts of the curriculum. As a result, a graduate from these departments is able to fully grasp and appreciate the nuances of the English language. He becomes fully aware of what literary device to use in which circumstance. Additionally, the curriculum also covers how to write in different styles such as spoken, conversational, informal, and formal. These skills are bound to come in handy while working on challenging writing assignments.

1. Knowledge of English Grammar

While working online it is also an added bonus if one has in-depth knowledge about the different rules of English grammar. Detailed know-how about different parts of grammar, such as subject-verb agreement, punctuation, conjunction, etc. is mandatory. You will be able to impress clients only if the content which you give them is grammatically flawless. It is the hallmark of a professional SEO content writer that the content which he or she writes for clients is factually correct, interesting, and engaging to read.  Also, there should be no grammatical errors.

1. Exposure to Editing a Wide Variety of Printed Material

In order to produce an article that regularly attracts huge traffic, it needs to be written after careful research and going through the subject-specific literature. As a part of his job responsibility, a copy editor needs to ensure that whatever he is editing is correct as per facts. A successful copy editor is also required to work under tight deadlines and be highly detail oriented. To make it big, he needs to regularly read published works from a large variety of sources. Books, journals, periodicals, blogs, white papers, LinkedIn posts, and recommendations are just a few examples of what he needs to go through. Regular, persistent, and diligent efforts need to be made in order to become a successful copy editor. The above-mentioned qualities can be found in most of the people working in the editing and proofreading industry and they also make very good SEO content writers.

1. Having a Knowledgeable Peer Group

A large circle of friends and mingling with like-minded people who possess know-how about similar topics also helps. Man is a creature of habit and association. Interactions with colleagues and coworkers who are passionate about copyediting help in enhancing vocabulary. The copy editor understands with clarity which word is the most suitable to be used in a particular situation. This can be of invaluable help to a person who is trying to make a mark as an SEO content writer.  

If you are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate SEO content writer, then a forum of copy editors is precisely where you need to start looking to find suitable candidates. Your efforts in recruitment will not go in vain and you will be able to find candidates who are able to meet your SEO needs.

You can enlighten us with your knowledge and expertise in the comment section down below.

Author: Aditya Sanyal, Digital Writopreneur.

Editor: Risha Khan, Digital Writopreneur.

#writing #writingcontests #aspiringwriters #copyeditors #seomanagement #adityasanyal #digitalwritopreneur

ReplyQuote
aditya.sanyal
(@aditya-sanyal)

Title

Main Article Title: 7 Good Reasons to Start Writing

Summary

Do you feel that you have a lot to tell the world? Feel a lot of emotion and feelings bottled up inside you? Or just want to reach out and connect with people who share a similar outlook? Then regularly maintaining a blog or a journal may just be the cure for all your feelings of angst.

1. Reach Out to People

There is no denying the fact that man is a social animal. It is in his basic nature to keep in touch with all his friends and family. In the modern digital age blogging is just one of the effective methods by which you can maintain a log of all your thoughts and feelings. By intelligently using the power of websites such as WordPress and Blogspot you become nearly unstoppable in your power to reach out to a large audience online. Educate, Organize, Connect, Communicate – There is virtually no limit to what all you can achieve by harnessing the power of these powerful tools. Throughout the ages, writing about issues about which you are passionate has been one of the most effective means of getting in touch with like-minded people.

1. Make New Connections with Like-Minded People

Writing articles, posts, and blogs regularly about topics of one’s interest has helped millions around the world connect who think on similar lines. In today’s world where nearly every topic under the sun is being discussed in threadbare detail on social media. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn have community-forming features which help people around the world come together and collaborate on nearly every imaginable topic to an extent never possible before. Also, eCommerce giants like Amazon, eBay provide all users with innumerable facilities which can be utilized to carrying out trading activities for both pleasure and profit. All the above-mentioned sites have strong cross-linking features which permit a writer to connect with his peers more effectively. Not only write text, but communication can also be taken to an altogether new level by utilizing other powerful methods of sharing messages like music, photo, video, and other multimedia.

1. Become a Part of a Community

Throughout history monarchs, administrators, religious and military leaders have been at their wit’s end to develop feelings of kinship and camaraderie among all their subjects. Activities such a carol singing, military marches, dances, drama go along in establishing a feeling of oneness, community, and group solidarity among all people who participate in them. The print media has always been a potent platform that has been used as a mouthpiece by community leaders to disseminate their views among the masses. Indeed, scribes who possess good writing ability have always been and will remain in great demand for their skills.

1. Improve your Command Over the Language

Regularly taking up writing is a great method by which one can improve one’s command over any language. As mentioned above you will be form associations with people who share similar thoughts and outlook. Mixing with them will help you to explore the different facets of any given topic in a more comprehensive form. This will open up new avenues where you will be able to form connections that will help you get new job opportunities, make new friends and form high-trust relationships.

1. Monetize by Writing Quality Articles

Well trained and motivated writers are in great demand in the e-commerce industry. Anybody with a flair for writing and good command over any language, be it English, Hindi, or any other regional language will easily find employment as an SEO Content Writer. If you possess the ability to write after giving due consideration to keywords, then be rest assured that the matter which you write online will be able to attract traffic from far and wide. More traffic will translate into more money and soon you are bound to start earning handsomely.

1. Outlet for Pent Up Emotion

In today’s modern urban society everybody is subjected to a great deal of stress and tension. In fact, in some highly urbanized societies like Japan mental ailments like depression, hypertension, insomnia have reached such epidemic levels that the government has had to step in and appoint a “Minister for Loneliness”.  (yes you read the right).  Penning down your thoughts and activities like writing a daily journal can go miles in helping you cure your monkey mind and streamline your thoughts.

1. Live a Life of Satisfaction by Helping others

Many writers, thinkers, and philosophers have spoken at length about the joy a person obtains from charity. Prophet Mohammad one of the greatest men to ever walk the Earth has made it mandatory for everybody in the community to give two percent of his income as a charity. Writing and publishing your work on a regular basis will help you to associate with a wide variety of people from all walks of life. I assure you that this activity will be one of the most rewarding exercises that you can possibly undertake. You will be able to derive immense pleasure by connecting with, paying close attention to, and solving the problems faced by your pen friends.

Listed above are only some of the benefits which you can reap by taking up writing regularly. I assure that there are bound to be many more. 

So folks what are you waiting for? The benefits of being a writer are innumerable. Grab a pen and paper (or a computer and a word processing software) and start churning out words. See for yourself the dramatic changes which you are able to bring about in your own life as well as others. If you are an aspiring writer and you are going through a writer’s block, then add your feelings in the comments. We will definitely provide a solution to your problem.

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @aditya-sanyal

Title

Main Article Title: 7 Good Reasons to Start Writing

Summary

Do you feel that you have a lot to tell the world? Feel a lot of emotion and feelings bottled up inside you? Or just want to reach out and connect with people who share a similar outlook? Then regularly maintaining a blog or a journal may just be the cure for all your feelings of angst.

1. Reach Out to People

There is no denying the fact that man is a social animal. It is in his basic nature to keep in touch with all his friends and family. In the modern digital age blogging is just one of the effective methods by which you can maintain a log of all your thoughts and feelings. By intelligently using the power of websites such as WordPress and Blogspot you become nearly unstoppable in your power to reach out to a large audience online. Educate, Organize, Connect, Communicate – There is virtually no limit to what all you can achieve by harnessing the power of these powerful tools. Throughout the ages, writing about issues about which you are passionate has been one of the most effective means of getting in touch with like-minded people.

1. Make New Connections with Like-Minded People

Writing articles, posts, and blogs regularly about topics of one’s interest has helped millions around the world connect who think on similar lines. In today’s world where nearly every topic under the sun is being discussed in threadbare detail on social media. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn have community-forming features which help people around the world come together and collaborate on nearly every imaginable topic to an extent never possible before. Also, eCommerce giants like Amazon, eBay provide all users with innumerable facilities which can be utilized to carrying out trading activities for both pleasure and profit. All the above-mentioned sites have strong cross-linking features which permit a writer to connect with his peers more effectively. Not only write text, but communication can also be taken to an altogether new level by utilizing other powerful methods of sharing messages like music, photo, video, and other multimedia.

1. Become a Part of a Community

Throughout history monarchs, administrators, religious and military leaders have been at their wit’s end to develop feelings of kinship and camaraderie among all their subjects. Activities such a carol singing, military marches, dances, drama go along in establishing a feeling of oneness, community, and group solidarity among all people who participate in them. The print media has always been a potent platform that has been used as a mouthpiece by community leaders to disseminate their views among the masses. Indeed, scribes who possess good writing ability have always been and will remain in great demand for their skills.

1. Improve your Command Over the Language

Regularly taking up writing is a great method by which one can improve one’s command over any language. As mentioned above you will be form associations with people who share similar thoughts and outlook. Mixing with them will help you to explore the different facets of any given topic in a more comprehensive form. This will open up new avenues where you will be able to form connections that will help you get new job opportunities, make new friends and form high-trust relationships.

1. Monetize by Writing Quality Articles

Well trained and motivated writers are in great demand in the e-commerce industry. Anybody with a flair for writing and good command over any language, be it English, Hindi, or any other regional language will easily find employment as an SEO Content Writer. If you possess the ability to write after giving due consideration to keywords, then be rest assured that the matter which you write online will be able to attract traffic from far and wide. More traffic will translate into more money and soon you are bound to start earning handsomely.

1. Outlet for Pent Up Emotion

In today’s modern urban society everybody is subjected to a great deal of stress and tension. In fact, in some highly urbanized societies like Japan mental ailments like depression, hypertension, insomnia have reached such epidemic levels that the government has had to step in and appoint a “Minister for Loneliness”.  (yes you read the right).  Penning down your thoughts and activities like writing a daily journal can go miles in helping you cure your monkey mind and streamline your thoughts.

1. Live a Life of Satisfaction by Helping others

Many writers, thinkers, and philosophers have spoken at length about the joy a person obtains from charity. Prophet Mohammad one of the greatest men to ever walk the Earth has made it mandatory for everybody in the community to give two percent of his income as a charity. Writing and publishing your work on a regular basis will help you to associate with a wide variety of people from all walks of life. I assure you that this activity will be one of the most rewarding exercises that you can possibly undertake. You will be able to derive immense pleasure by connecting with, paying close attention to, and solving the problems faced by your pen friends.

Listed above are only some of the benefits which you can reap by taking up writing regularly. I assure that there are bound to be many more. 

So folks what are you waiting for? The benefits of being a writer are innumerable. Grab a pen and paper (or a computer and a word processing software) and start churning out words. See for yourself the dramatic changes which you are able to bring about in your own life as well as others. If you are an aspiring writer and you are going through a writer’s block, then add your feelings in the comments. We will definitely provide a solution to your problem.

Author: Aditya Sanyal , Digital Writopreneur

Editor: Rajinder Soni , CEO of Digital Writopreneurs Hub and Mentor

#writing #aspiringwriters #adityasanyal #digitalwritopreneurs #writingcontests

ReplyQuote
aditya.sanyal
(@aditya-sanyal)

Title

5 Effective Ways to Overcome Motormouth Habit

Summary

Have you been picked on by others for talking too much? Do your friends and colleagues label you as a motormouth? Are you looking for ways to become soberer in your speech and more articulate in your conduct? If your answer to the above three questions is a firm Yes, then this blog is precisely what you need to read up.

1. Affirmations to reach into your subconscious mind

It has been scientifically proven that most of your activities are controlled by your subconscious mind. If you are able to successfully reprogram your subconscious mind then you will be able to achieve whatever you set your sights onto. Leading psychologists have written volumes in their papers about the power of the subconscious mind.

Ideally, you should write the affirmation using power words like amazing, divine, beautiful, lovely, great etc. Take care to write the affirmations down clearly on a piece of paper in the present continuous tense. Read them aloud to yourself when you are in a fully relaxed state of mind. One possible affirmation can be: –

“I speak in a divine and beautiful manner. All people adore me for my loving nature.”

Carefully study the above-mentioned affirmation. It has been written in the present continuous tense and all power words are also used. Anybody who wishes to become a more polished speaker and stop being a motormouth can use the above-written affirmation to fantastic effect.

Classical music from around the world especially from India, Europe, Russia is ideal for this purpose. The time before going to sleep and while waking up is ideal for listening and reading out the affirmation. That time you are fully relaxed and your subconscious mind is the most receptive.

1. Supportive association

If you wish to be a cowboy you need to be in the company of cowboys- An old saying goes. Only by being a supportive association can a person quickly develop new good habits and kick out bad ones. Be in the company of close friends and family, who know, understand, and fully appreciate your wishes, aspirations, and desires. They will be able to point whenever you make a mistake and heap lavish praise upon you once you get things right. I have experienced this firsthand during my struggle with schizophrenia. Others will not understand what predicament you are in and will have little to offer you in terms of productive advice.  On the other hand, you’re your near and dear ones will be able to comprehend what aspect you are trying to change or modify in your personal life and will always be fully supportive of your endeavour to transition from a motormouth to a more balanced person.

1. Be prepared to revert back to your old habits

It is an unfortunate truth that bad habits are much easier to form than good habits. If you do not work hard at your rectifying they are bound to come back. With intelligence and diligence, you need to regularly work and figure out ways methods to beat your old habits. It is a very good idea to work in teams of two to three. Then you will be able to egg each other on in your journey to overcome your drawback. After all, we must remember that man is a social animal and the need for companionship is a fundamental one. We do not live in isolation. In fact, the root of many mental diseases stems from being alone, bereft of company for prolonged periods of time. Extra efforts are needed to be made to ensure that you do not revert back to your old habit of being a motormouth.

1. Take note of why you need to change

It would also be a good idea to carefully note down the precise reasons why you wish to quit being a motormouth. You can make a list and stick it in a location such as a bathroom mirror or the front door of the refrigerator. You need to ensure that the benefits which will you will reap will remain in your close sight. Only that is how you will be fully conscious of the benefits and make efforts for change.

1. Try to replace your old habit with a new one

One of the main reasons why people become known as motormouths is because they talk too fast before listening to the other person’s point of view. To change this habit, you need to try getting behind the other person’s eyeballs and understand their point of view. In a lecture, you can try making notes. And while having a conversation you can ask the person with whom you are talking to “Just to understand you correctly”. Doing this small bit of emotional labor will work volumes in making you a better listener and getting more refined manners.

In conclusion, I would like to state that one should be very careful about the manner in which he speaks. Hurtful words spoken in a moment of anger can sever relationships that have been carefully nurtured for many years. If you have some additional ideas about how to stop being a motormouth post your comments in the comments section below. Others can also benefit from your experience and then you get a lively, fruitful conversation started.

So, friends what are you waiting for. Starting daily habit-forming sessions and see the wonderful difference which will happen in your life and that of all around you.

#writing #freelancewriting #writingcontest #motormouth #habit #change #affirmation

ReplyQuote
Vidyashree P N
(@vidyashree-p-n)

@risha15

Thank you so much, Risha Khan

Vidyashree PN

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

@vidyashree-p-n You are most welcome!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

ReplyQuote
aditya.sanyal
(@aditya-sanyal)

Summary

Are you an entrepreneur trying to establish himself in today’s competitive market? Want to reach out to new customers and increase your sales? Are you looking to develop your own brand and establish yourself as an authority figure? Well then, all which your need to do is to starting writing regularly and share your insights with the world.

1. Establish your credibility and authority

In order to position yourself as a leading expert, it is of paramount importance that you start writing quality articles where you showcase your expertise to the world. Maintaining a blog/journal where you regularly post detailed updates on the topics on which you specialize in and are of interest to you will go miles in building up you’re an image in front of the world as an authority figure. It is crucial that you maintain regularity in posting updates as this will enable you to stand apart from your other peers and build up your image as a specialist in the eyes of the world.

2 — It Raises Your Visibility levels

It is also crucial to remain visible so that you are able to stand apart from the crowd. Only if you have something which is unique and offers intrinsic value to the customer will you be able to achieve a high volume of sales. Social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. have become important modes of marketing. These platforms offer the common man the means to connect, communicate and organize at levels that were unthinkable before. All successful entrepreneurs try to maximize their outreach on social media platforms. In addition to word-of-mouth marketing, it is absolutely essential that you have an online presence so as to ensure that your business flourishes. This is possible only if you are able to produce large amounts of written material that contains relevant information.

3 — Communication with the world

Writing a book that has been divided into Sub-Chapters, Table of Contents takes up a lot of effort but it is a far more reliable means of establishing credibility and brand image when compared to a blog. It enables you to present a far more reliable and clearer picture in front of the world of who you actually are. If you are able to combine your blog post with an accompanying book then you will wonder about your sales figures. It is a better practice and you will be coming across as more convincing, genuine and knowledgeable.

4 ­–  Develop new and healthy habits

The task of writing a book from scratch involves a great deal of effort. Before writing you will need to do research from a lot of sources. In addition to just researching, careful consideration also needs to be given to the way the content of the book has been arranged. The experience will be a rewarding one as you will be required to focus at an entirely new level and put in a lot of effort in organizing your thinking creatively. You will be developing newer habits like getting up early, learn how to do an extensive literature survey, recapitulating what you have learned. The skills learned in the process will come in handy not only while writing the book but will be useful in all future writing endeavors. Probably the most important skill which you will learn while sitting down to write is to overcome a condition known as “Writers Block”. This happens when you sit down to start writing without prior planning. The labor which you will be putting in to write a book or a blog will go a long way in training your mind to be more efficient in organizing your thoughts. This will come in handy in all our future ventures.

1. Another Income Stream

Let’s face it, at the end of the day money, matters to everybody. Websites like Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart is the leading bookseller in India today. Everybody will be eager to read a well-researched and written book about a topic which interests them. All the websites have a comments section and a feature that enables all readers to give ratings. If the comments section of your is full of positive comments then you are bound to generate a high sales volume and have a second source of income.

1. It is not that difficult either-In fact it is easier than you think it might be

At the very outset, I would like to state that writing a book is not an easy task. You need to do thorough research on the topic from a wide variety of sources. Once you have done your research and familiarised yourself with the topic, then writing the book will become a lot easier. Just start by taking small baby steps at a time you can move mountains. Plan to write in small amounts say, 250-300 words daily. This way you will not be needing to go to a publisher nor will you be burdened with a heavy load of writing too much of matter at one go.

#writing #freelancewriting #writingcontest #writing #whyentrepreneursshouldwrite

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: