Notifications
Clear all

A Monsoon to Remember

Dipti David
 Dipti David
(@Dipti David)
Topic starter  

A Monsoon to Remember

The time of the monsoon has started again. As usual, a purple umbrella could be spotted on the roads of Madurai. Never had Madurai seen this kind of an outpour. It was none other than Vinita herself. Vinita loved her purple umbrella extremely than anything else in the world. At this point, she reached her house and went into it. It was pouring heavily. It was raining cats and dogs outside just like how it used to every year around this time.

Vinita arrived from the office that she was working in, with her feet drenched wet. She was the senior editor at a media company and she wrote news articles and interviewed people for her columns, which she is naturally gifted to write. She always enjoyed everything about the rain that visited every year- the smell of mud, the cold wind, and the most adorable cloudy sky, except getting drenched in the rain. She did not like how her feet felt after getting wet in the rainwater. She felt disgusted whenever this happened.

After a moment it all wared off. And she was back to normal, now she is admiring the rain by looking outside from her bay window. She was sitting on her cushioned window pane, sipping coffee at the moment with a book in her hand.

“Reading a book while enjoying her coffee and rain gives me pure bliss like no other,” She thought to herself. As she was reading the novel, she came across a character in the novel that reminded her of a special person from the past. And here began their story.

Vinita was in the second year of her college and was doing her Bachelors in English of course she did her masters in Journalism after this. But she was in the second year of her Bachelors as of now. Vinita was happily going on with her student life by involving herself in academics and her hobbies. Vinita was more focused on reading and writing because she was passionate about it. Reading and writing were her heart’s desires. She would never let go of them for the world.

So, Vinita’s life went on like this. One day she came in contact with the most beautiful person in her life. But at first, she never knew that he was the most beautiful person. She just thought that he is just some random person, just like all of her friends.

Vinita and that special person were in the book club. As time went by, they started interacting with each other. They even went out. They got to know about everything about each other, their likes and dislikes regarding books, arts, academics, music, etcetera.

Vinita and Vineeth travelled on a train once. They were travelling to Chennai. When they were about to cross a junction, the rain started drizzling. The sky and the surroundings were gorgeous insights. Vinita was mesmerised and exclaimed to Vineeth about how magnanimous the environment is.

The already mesmerised Vineeth asked her whether she wanted to get drenched in it when the train stops at a nearby junction. But as Vinita doesn’t like getting wet, she denied the offer by sharing her dislike and discomfort with him.

“Oh, c’mon just enjoy it for once, it is not like the rain is going to hurt you and what is life when you don’t get drenched in the rain and enjoy it?” questioned Vineeth.

“No, I just don’t like the feel of it. Whenever I get drenched in the rain it is as if something sticky has got onto my insides,” Vinita replied.

“Okay, suit yourself. I’m going to go out and enjoy in the rain!” Vineeth exclaimed and stepped out of the train as soon as the train stopped at a station. He stood there silently as the raindrops were hitting him. And within few moments he started dancing in the rain.

On seeing Vineeth, although Vinita doesn’t like being soaked wet, she felt like dancing along with him in the rain. And she did just that. She went out and started dancing with him as she was getting wet while the raindrops were falling on her.

“Wow! I’m surprised to see you here! You said you never want to be drenched?”

“Yep, but I couldn’t resist, seeing you dance.”

Both of them yelled at each other at the top of their voice, over the noise caused by the pouring rain, lightning, and thunder.

As the train was about to leave the station both of them got into it. As they were moving to their respective seats soaking wet. And as usual, Vinita didn’t like the way she was feeling but she was glad that she enjoyed herself especially with a person like Vineeth. At that moment Vineeth also felt that Vinita was also a special person, he was feeling this way more than how he used to feel before. Both of them took out their towels and were drying themselves. They were on their way to a literary fest that was to take place in Chennai.

Vinita still remembered that wonderful monsoon event from the past even today. She was reminded of that one joyful moment as she was looking out at the beautiful monsoon rain that kept showering and showering for hours now like never before.

Suddenly Vinita heard her phone ringing and she wondered who it could be. She lifted her phone to see who it was and to her surprise, it was none other than Vineeth. She clicked the green button and said with a huge expression of joy on her face,

“Hey, I was just thinking about the time we were dancing in the rain!”

She told him it was raining like never before in Madurai. Vineeth was in Coimbatore. Both Vinita and Vineeth were about to shift to Bangalore for their jobs and wanted to live there for a very long time. And both of them were the best of friends and their bond was strong.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Dipti David

QuoteSolved
Poonam Malik
(@poonam-malik)

A sweet story of monsoon connections. Seems much is left unsaid.

ReplyQuote
Dipti David
 Dipti David
(@Dipti David)
Topic starter  

True, some things are better left unsaid. <3 

ReplyQuote
Amit Masih
(@amitmasih)
Moderator Moderator

After reading three stories, to be honest, this is something that can be addressed as a “story” in a real way. The way you write is incredible and how you put down memories by sitting in the present moment is remarkable. I love the way how you cooked up the sentiments and served something that is still incomplete. There are, of course, many untold feelings and love in this story which are still not accepted by both of them. If Vinita and Veenith meet again, they will definitely embrace their love.

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member

very simple and beautiful story 🙂

ReplyQuote
Dipti David
 Dipti David
(@Dipti David)
Topic starter  

@amitmasih Thank you very much. Your interpretation is really good. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Dipti David
 Dipti David
(@Dipti David)
Topic starter  

@mana Thank you. 🙂 Yes, I wanted to keep it simple.

ReplyQuote
Masadepancece
(@masadepancece)

ada

ReplyQuote
Masadepancece
(@masadepancece)

ReplyQuote
Masadepancece
(@masadepancece)

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply