Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Monsoon Gift: Home near St. Jacinto Island, Goa

Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Monsoon Gift: Home near St. Jacinto Island, Goa

My dear reader! If I ask you, what do you think of monsoons? Your heartfelt answer would be falling in love with that earthy smell, the tiny droplets hanging onto greeneries, the thundering of the clouds, and the wind caressing your hair.

Monsoons leave us with two sorts of people. First, those who sneak out and love to dance in the rain and they are hard to pull back inside. Second, those who like snuggling up in a warm blanket sipping tea. Moreover, relishing hot fritters with a book in hand and watching the drops fall from the window is all divine.

Well, I’m both of these kinds, I have embraced this nature’s art. I have sneaked away and drenched myself in the rain several times. When I was in school, I abstained from using an umbrella and raincoat my mother used to put in my school bag. Instead, I used to jump into puddles deliberately and escaped directly to the terrace to play ball with my cousins.

During college, I used to bunk lectures, sneak away with my friends, find a lonely place, and have heart-to-heart conversations. After college, I use to go for an evening walk with my bestie in monsoons. We use to talk and discuss life while taking random turns and reach places that were left unexplored. If you have experienced getting soaked in rain alone which I found miserable try doing the same with your friend which will turn out to be an adventure!

Then, after marriage just as seasons come and go. Monsoons persisted but I have no fond memories attached to it. As in arrange marriages, couples barely know each other. Similarly, I was trying to observe, understand and make adjustments.

From a certain period, I and my life partner were not exchanging any birthdays and anniversaries gifts. As I have considered our travel excursions as my presents. Goa is one of our favourite places we had visited several times. My husband decided why not settle here temporarily and buy a home as an investment. It’s like a dream come true, having that one asset that you can say is mine. Before finding that one good property, till then we stayed near Benaulim beach road, South Goa. somehow, that house did not offer comfort and socialization.

Considering South Goa to be a sleepy town so as their people. There was nothing much to do except eating out and heading to the beach. However, soon monsoons will hit, all shacks will be closed, and warning of red and orange alert will make everyone stay inside.

So, after 5 years of marriage, I can finally say monsoon struck! When my husband gave me home as a gift this monsoon! While doing a vigorous hunt for a property, we found one house which immediately clicked us. This home was offering everything that we could ask for.

Further, the shifting process involved executing everything from buying things to the installations and fittings during monsoons. Shopping in rain was a venture when I stumbled upon little streams to get things. The route from Benaulim beach road to our new address Sancoale was striking with lush greenery. Seasonal waterfalls could be seen on both sides of the roads in Goa’s hinterlands. Long drives and a walk in a village in Goa’s beautiful spots are the main things to do in monsoons.

Dear readers! I have one more question to ask! Who says it gets gloomy and doomy in monsoons? The smell of the rain and climbers growing. Everything gets so contented and flourishing in Goa. This monsoon was full of happiness and gratitude as this was my new experience of setting a home for my family as a new homemaker. 

I have to organize everything before reaching home. If the day’s plan doesn’t go as programmed the whole day used to get wasted. On rainy days, challenges were no less with each day came new hindrance and the toughest one was leakage in elevators. Thus, all the products reached with a little bit of workout, fun, and difficulty. The delivery men have to reach the top floor and then they have to come down two floors to reach our home.

After our complete shifting and house warming ceremony, living here is bliss, getting up in the morning, sliding the windows, curtains, and watching the dreamlike view. Monsoons of Goa are whimsical, sometimes it drizzles and sometimes it rains like cats and dogs! It can get even crazier when it rains persistently making Goa no less than Mussoorie or Nainital. All this gets even more picture-perfect when you are in a pool watching an island, mountains covered in mist, and raining concurrently.

I always had in my mind when I will be having a home of my own, I will do interiors of my choice. Well, I am working on the décor of my place. The first and foremost thing which I bought was a swing for the balcony. It took me back to my childhood days where I can sleep, read, eat, and enjoy the rain.

“I am sitting, gazing at the view from my dwelling

Curtains are swaying and touching my feet;

I see my swing is twirling in mysticism and love

The enchantment of clouds forming with the rising air;

The natural grey colour of the clouds in the sky

Makes every other colour on the ground looks so bright;

Adding sparkle to the outdoors, as if everything has come alive

The heaven opened and the water hammered down;

Tea-colored puddles, thunder, lightning, so much going on

Just like me, so many emotions and a tea-coloured mind;

It is all a blessing and a treat for the senses

This creation of nature is like a healing mantra for your soul.”

To conclude my monsoon story, I would like to add we all have our ways to celebrate the beauty of monsoons where the heart and mind synchronize with each other. This is the season for creative people to complete their unfinished poetry, painting, or poem. Every monsoon season can bring a creative outburst in you!

Also, People who love rain and finds joy and peace of mind during these days are called pluviophile’s. Rains are like healing treatment; the water droplets work as an ointment on your body and mind. Getting all wet in rain can wash away all your worries and negative thoughts. This is God’s way of telling you it is all about feeling the rain while others just get wet!

Written By- Mansi Arora

#digitalwritopreneurshub #digitalwritopreneur #rajindersoni #mansiarora #manamridu #mentor #monsoons #writingcontest #loveforrain #seasonlove #pluviophile #girlonwheels #swing #swimming #stjacintoisland #newhome #newlife #newjourney #eachday #liveeachmoment 

Meghma Hira, Risha Khan, Reshma Jacob and 1 people liked
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member

A real-life love story!!! So sweet and romantic 😍 😍 😍 

ReplyQuote
Poonam Malik
(@poonam-malik)

• It’s a beautifully expressed story. The thoughtful gift added to your monsoon love. And your lovely picture said it all so well. Reading your article seemed like a complete package,. Perfect. 

ReplyQuote
Meghma Hira
(@meghma-hira)

Hey Mansi (@mana), Congratulations on moving into your dream home and thank you for sharing the story with us. Have fun decorating and making your home a temple of your self-expression. 

I have also moved to Goa in April 2021. Before that, I was working in Gurgaon and got tired of the city. I have been longing to move closer to nature and wake up to greenery every morning rather than escaping the concrete for few days, once or twice a year.

I would love to catch up sometime and explore Goa together. If you are up for it, DM me on LikeMinds. 🙂

Meghma Hira

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@risha15 thankyou ma’am 🙂 love you

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@meghma-hira sure would love to catch up with you sometime. i will dm you 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@poonam-malik thankyou so much ma’am 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Much Gratitude: Gift of Certificate!

I feel, just as seasons come and go. In Digital Writopreneurs Hub and Academy, New Delhi, each month will be exciting with a new theme for the contest. This month’s theme was on a very creative topic – Monsoon. This story writing competition turned out to be an extraordinary and engaging session! Many entries poured in just like rain.

Yesterday was the result declaration day. My mentor read all the stories by himself with full zeal, emotions, and expressions. As Sir narrated the stories I could imagine myself watching the scene. I could feel all the sentiments penned down by an author of a story.

After the narration, comes the result part. DWHub being a fair system, all the participants voted for the best story. I feel happy and blessed to announce that my story was chosen as a winner. I would like to express my gratitude to Poonam mam, Duriahpandy sir, Vamsidhar Sir, Vaidyanathan Sir, Abhishek, Aleem, Risha mam, Poloumi mam, Fathima, Reshma, Sangita mam, Jasmine, Shubhra, Meghma, Aastha, Bindu, Amina, Ardra, and Dipti for writing such amazing stories on monsoon. All the stories were unique and very gripping. 

Last but not the least, Thanking you Sir for coming up with such great ideas. When you are motivating us to brainstorm ourselves and write amazing stories. 

#mansiarora #digitalwritopreneurs #monsoonstory #writingcontest #digitalwritopreneurshub #storywritingcertificate #liveeachmoemt #monsoongift #home #goa #love #life #manamridu 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: