When the whole world is in alarm at the rapid spread of the coronavirus and when World Health Organization (W.H.O.) has declared the coronavirus a pandemic, here is some information on this virus and some motivation to work from home in the wake of this global epidemic. Many organizations are opening up the telecommute option for employees but what about people who do not have any option to work from home and have to commute to the office in public transport and expose themselves to this deadly virus everywhere. Also, it has become really difficult for people who are dependent on food served in the office canteen. Who knows the person sitting next to you has acquired this virus from a relative who recently visited a coranavirus-affected country.
Where did the current coronavirus outbreak start?
The epicenter of the outbreak was a well-known city in China named Wuhan. There is a large university there where international students study. It is believed that the outbreak started in a seafood selling center in Wuhan. Some believe that the virus was transmitted first through Pangolin meat.
The effects of coronavirus
The first case can be traced back to November 2019. Since then, thousands in China have been affected by the coronavirus and more than 3000 Chinese people have died so far because of the disease. Since then, the disease has spread globally in USA, UK, Iran, The Middle East, India and up to 127 countries. There have been more than 5000 coronavirus-related deaths and 135,000 cases. On March 14, 2020, Donald Trump declared “America shutdown” due to national emergency. The rapid spread of the disease is alarming indeed. It started as an epidemic and has become pandemic quickly.
What is COVID-19?
The infectious disease caused by the coronavirus is called COVID-19. Some major symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, dry cough, tiredness, runny nose, congestion or diarrhea. These symptoms are mild at the beginning and the disease takes time to become full blown. Most people recover without any major treatment. The only people who are more at risk are the old, or people with a history of blood pressure, heart ailments, diabetes or other pre-existing conditions.
How does COVID-19 spread?
According to research done so far, it spreads through droplets from the nose and mouth of the infected person. Care should be taken to sneeze on the arm rather than in the hands.
What precautions are to be taken to avoid contracting this disease?
- Wash your hands with soap often (20 seconds at least).
- Avoid traveling to infected areas or crowded places.
- Maintain at least 3 feet distance from a person coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching the mouth, eyes or nose as much as you can.
- Stay at home if you have fever, cough or body aches.
- Refer to your doctor immediately if you detect some of these symptoms.
Right now, this virus is closing down cities and nations. Italy has clamped down on travel totally. China has isolated areas completely. Many other nations have restricted travel and suspended visas. This ugly virus has made its presence known in India as well. It is reported that there are 82 confirmed cases in India as of today with two reported deaths; one of a 76-year-old man in Karnataka who returned from Saudi Arabia and another of a 68-year-old women who was admitted in Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in New Delhi on March 7, 2020 when her son returned from other countries and contracted the virus and spread to her mother. One employee of Google, Bengaluru has also tested positive for this deadly disease. States affected are Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala and others. Many companies have asked their workers to work from home. Organizations have already created a list of employees who do not have laptops/desktops at home and are planning to fulfill their technology needs to be connected in the wake of a full-blown national emergency in India due to the coronavirus.
Sharing experience of a real coronavirus survivor
I traveled through Taiwan, and was in the Philippines the last week of December. It lasted a solid week. It was so hard to break the fever. At first, I couldn’t even get it to break, and when I did, it just kept coming back. The continued 600 mg doses of ibuprofen and flu pills were eating up my stomach lining. I was repeatedly drenched in sweat for 5 days. I drank so much water. No vomiting. No intestinal issues at all. A cough like never before. It was really deep in my lungs. At first I was like, “is it ever going to break loose the phlegm?” I could hear the fluid in my lungs when I breathed. The cough lasted weeks. Then it just stopped.”
Now in the wake of this deadly disease, we at, Digital Writopreneurs Hub, strongly urge you to start finding alternative work from home options because this is the only way we can prevent this virus from spreading drastically. Please do not bring virus from office to your home. In office, there are all adults who may have the immunity to fight with this virus but at your home your elderly parents and small and innocence kids may not survive it as their immune system is not up to the mark as compared to a grown young adult. We would like to briefly mention some benefits of working from home.
1. You can avoid traveling in crowded trains and buses. In the Indian context, we just cannot get away from the crowds ever. Definitely not while traveling. Therefore, working from home ensures avoidance of crowds.
2. The wonderful experience of working from the comfort of your home. You are in the comfort of your home in a familiar and friendly atmosphere. It is easy and relaxing to work from home.
3. You can save money on travel fare or petrol. Another benefit of working from home is that you save significant amounts of money on travel fare or fuel.
4. You get to save time that you lose in travel. The time it takes to commute to and from work is way too much. 3 to 4 hours are lost daily, on an average, in commuting. Precious time is saved if you work from home.
5. You can save your energy used while traveling. Of course, you spend energy while traveling. You arrive home exhausted and tired at the end of the day. Working from home takes care of that.
6. There is no boss breathing down your neck all the time. Probably the best part of working from home is the absence of a boss. You are your own boss. There is no one to dictate terms to you. Nobody telling you how incompetent and useless you are in spite of working so hard. Also, there will be no boss who will try to micromanage you at the time of crisis by saying, “coronavirus has not spread to our organization till now. We cannot give you work from home options until then. We are waiting until it spreads and then we will give work from home”. Doesn’t this sound completely stupid? How can you prevent the spread of infection when you are actually waiting for it to happen?
7. You can keep all your income for yourself. If you start working on your own business, you get to keep all the profits. This means that your income is not limited to the salary. You can earn as much as you want. There is no limit.
8. There is no geographical limit. You can sit in a remote place in India and work on an international project. Working from home on the internet has no geographical limits. You can work for your clients based in New York, London, Paris or Lisbon right from your home.
9. More time with loved ones. This is a wonderful benefit of working from home. You have your loved ones around you all the time. It is so satisfying to know that your family is with you while you are working for them and all are safe as you are not bringing infection from outside.
10. You can have a flexible schedule. You have the liberty to work anytime that you want. There are no fixed hours like office hours. You can work at 4 A.M. or at 11 P.M. There is the freedom to work as per your wish. These are the wonderful benefits of working from home.
Due to the outbreak of this disease caused by a coronavirus, many big corporations like Google have been asking their employees to work from home. We have mentioned above many benefits of working from home. Of course, there are a few disadvantages too but they far outweigh the benefits of working from home especially in this current scenario of deadly virus spread. Give this a serious thought and consider working from home. I am sure you will find it to be more appealing and beneficial. Stay safe and may you prosper in your life.
To stop coronavirus spread, watch our videos worth 2999 INR for free to learn how to start writing articles and generate money. The videos are valuable and are a result of 12 years of practical knowledge.
1. Learn writing online.
2. Learn editing and proofreading.
3. Learn social media traffic generation.
4. Learn mindset and goal setting for writers.
5. Build your writing empire from scratch.
6. Learn how to convert your articles into money.
Add this coupon code: ABITHA
After watching the videos, call 7291849502 for more details.
Mobile: 7291849502; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Rajinder Soni
Disclaimer: Copying any content from rajindersoni.com is strictly prohibited. Infringing service providers and site owners will be served with legal DMCA takedown notice.