( ! ) Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rajindersoni/public_html/index.php:4) in /home/rajindersoni/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cmp-coming-soon-maintenance/niteo-cmp.php on line 919
Call Stack
#TimeMemoryFunctionLocation
10.0003354904{main}( ).../index.php:0
20.0004355592require( '/home/rajindersoni/public_html/wp-blog-header.php ).../index.php:23
31.197114977552require_once( '/home/rajindersoni/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php ).../wp-blog-header.php:19
41.197214977552do_action( $hook_name = 'template_redirect' ).../template-loader.php:13
51.197214977928WP_Hook->do_action( $args = [0 => ''] ).../plugin.php:470
61.197214977928WP_Hook->apply_filters( $value = '', $args = [0 => ''] ).../class-wp-hook.php:327
71.197914982216CMP_Coming_Soon_and_Maintenance->cmp_displayPage( '' ).../class-wp-hook.php:303
81.198514982664header( $header = 'Cache-Control: no-cache; private' ).../niteo-cmp.php:919
Nature – Submit Your Articles for the Writing Contest – DW Hub Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Nature

connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

All sub-niches related to nature will be shared below this thread.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

Sowspeaks
(@sowspeaks)
Eminent Member

5 Ways to Say ‘I Love you Mother Nature’ Beyond the World Environment Day

June 5. World Environment Day. An article on environmental issues, eco-friendly practices seem out of place on any other day. But that precisely is the mindset change that we need to bring. That every day matters and every action counts.

What can I as a single citizen or my family do to bring any change?
This is a frequently asked question and actually, there are a lot of things that one can do. The key is consistency. The other key is to become totally truly selfish!
Why so?
Because then we will take actions that are in our highest personal interest and nothing is more important than to ensure that we keep the Earth clean and green for our health and the future of our children and grandchildren.
Now that brings us to the micro-actions that we can take/ incorporate into our daily lives.

1. Become a Mindful Consumer

This small shift in thinking can change everything- the products you consume, the way you consume- your entire philosophy and outlook on consumption. You become more grateful and respectful towards all that you consume.
Let all purchases pass through these questions?
How useful is this going to be? How long can I use this?
How am I going to dispose of this? Will this give me any long-term joy or something fleeting?
How harmful is this going to be to the environment?

A lot of purchase is impulsive and falls into the category of retail therapy. When you become mindful, buying no more fulfills any therapy needs.

2. Observe The Senior Generations

You only need to look at your parents and grandparents. They would carry their own bag for shopping. Every resource was treated with so much respect – be it water, electricity, paper, food, and, last but not the least – Mother Nature. My grandfather would switch the light off immediately after it had served its purpose, and his words still echo, ‘let someone else not suffer the sins of my overconsumption.’

The generation of our grandparents was raised and grew up in a village. Since they had to dispose of everything, they consumed they were very cautious about what they bought, how they used it.

Some interesting observations from their lifestyles
– Shopping was an elaborately planned affair. Whatever could be bought in bulk was bought in bulk. Bags or suitable containers were taken from home. Newspapers, packing material created out of local material.
– Everything was reused, recycled, and upscaled. Clothes bought for the elder child found their way to the youngest child and would then be used for cleaning and all sundry purposes.
– When there was a function/party at home food was served on banana leaves or whatever was the locally grown leaf large and strong enough to hold food. After the function, these leaves were then consumed by the animals. No wastage anywhere. Water was served in tumblers and only as much as was needed.
– The best part is while traveling, they would carry all the required utensils and the essentials.

And we think that we are smart.

So moral of the story is to observe and at least incorporate a few practices from the senior generations

3. Include Natural Fibres in Your Wardrobe:

Fast fashion is one of the most polluting industries. Switch at least a percentage of your wardrobe to natural fibers like khadi, cotton, jute, linen. Companies like Desi and Khadi Gramodyog produce fabric pieces using minimum dyes. Patronize these companies and their cause.

4. Blast the PLASTic

Plastic seems to be everywhere. But thankfully, there are two movements around it
– Movement to reduce its usage by replacing it with eco-friendly alternatives. Plastic cutlery is being replaced by steel, copper, and now bamboo.

– Movement to creatively use it to ensure it doesn’t go to the landfill. making creative use of the item. There are artists across the globe who are making interesting art, gardeners using bottles for gardening, and even a school that uses plastic for construction purposes. Plastic is even being used in road laying.

So which part of the movement do you want to support?

5. Increase Organic Foods in Your Diet

Organic foods are grains, vegetables, and fruits that are grown without resorting to harmful chemical fertilizers and pesticides. This is a win-win situation for both the consumer, farmer, and Mother Earth.

So why is it not as popular as it should be? The reason is that organic foods are expensive.

As more and more people start adopting organic foods, more and more farmers will take to this safer method of cultivation thereby bringing down the cost.

So, slowly start shifting a part of your food consumption to organic.

We have moved to organic jaggery and millets and are slowly increasing the percentage of organic foods in our food basket.

All of these steps are very small. But when practiced consistently and by more and more citizens the cumulative effects will add up to something significant.
Be warned though, there are side effects.
You will become happier, healthier, and might have a little more money in your bank. And the unseen blessings of Mother Earth.
So, which of these practices are you planning to incorporate right away? And which have are you already adopted? Eager to hear from you.

Written By: sowspeaks ( Sowrabha Mahesh), Member, Digital Writopreneurs Hub

#sowspeaks #digitalwritopreneurshub #writingcontest #loveyoumothernature #naturelover

ReplyQuote
Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member

If you had to Sum up Human Nature in Three Words, What Would you Choose?

Can you explain human nature in just three words? No! It is hard, I guess because human nature is the storehouse of all the feelings.

Human nature is about the characteristics and emotions, which define your personality! How you behave in front of others affects your character. What you think of yourself will reflect on your personality. Human is the best creatures of God. Human beings know how to adjust their sentiments as per the situation. You will never act in the same way in a different situation. In summing up human nature in three words would be, “ Mansa Vacha Karmana”. It is a Sanskrit phrase stating that if there are unity and synchronicity of your mind, speech and deeds then you can reach the stage of purity!

Ignorant by mind/speech/deeds

Being Ignorant can count sometimes as good or imprudent. Ignorance can be defined as a lack of facts, awareness, and training. By many, it will be perceived, as a person full of errors and flaws.

• When you don’t know your true self. When you know less of life. Such humans are naïve and pure souls because they haven’t seen much in life. And, they take life as it comes and survives!
  • But, Ignorance can be detrimental too. No one on this planet knows everything, despite there are some exceptions who think themselves to be “know it all” Calling themselves a perfectionist and pompously living life. It isn’t their mistake. There is no knowledge and guidance for those kinds of people who are messy, imperfect, and walking with much pride.

For example, new trainees/interns joining in the entry-level, who knows nothing of the job and system. They will learn the tasks and duties with a new angle and the possibility is high that they will turn out to be leaders eventually. There is risk involved, taking them as fresh candidates for the new project. But under the guidance of experienced official, they can perform the task very well.

Let me tell you a second example of mine on ignorance. Ignorance is not being silly! Sometimes you have to act using your brains.

When I worked in Shri Chaitanya techno School, Chennai as a DTP for a few months. I knew my work would be limited to only computers. But I never thought working in a school is sort of multi-tasking!

I was asked by Principal madam to take prints and do a photocopy for a few papers. 

You have to rush to the back office yourself for prints and xerox, if something goes wrong you have to stop the entire print and save paper wastage! When I was new, principal madam said nothing to me. Because I used to admit my mistake that I do not know how to run a xerox machine but I will learn, hence I will not repeat the same.

So, when I was ignorant and naïve I was being excused from the silly mistakes I did for the things I genuinely don’t know about. But, when you deliberately show your ignorance towards the circumstances which is not considered wise!

The third example of mine, when I joined Digital Writopreneur Hub in January 2021 to become a digital Writopreneur and motivational speaker. I was a novice, I knew nothing about the writing industry. Under the guidance and light of my mentor, Mr. Rajinder Soni, I can write articles now, and face the camera with confidence. I get to learn a lot from him, I am still learning and growing.

These are the true example of Mansa Vacha Karmna, where:-

• Your mind thinks in the right direction,
  • With speech, you have to express it in words by telling your ambitions to your parents, family, and friends. These days digital marketing is booming and you have to shout out for what you are doing to reach your goal.
  • Further, from goal setting to achieving that goal, doing the right deeds in life.

When I was ignorant, just living my life without any aim. After joining DWHub, I try to accord my mind, speech, and actions towards reaching my goal and fulfilling my dream of becoming an Influencer and Writopreneur. It is easy said and done, but when you are passionate and positive, you will reach your desired goal eventually. Your dreams will start turning into reality!

Wise by mind/speech/deeds

These people are rare as diamonds. People of wise nature are intelligent, adaptive, unique, creative, ambitious and what not. Sage is the right word for wise people. They will talk, think, and act in the right manner. They are being appreciated for their noble deeds and agreeableness.

For example at home or in office, if a person instead of doing continuous arguments on wrong things agrees and settle thing out with senior officials. These people are considered more trustworthy, kind, and affectionate towards others.

Mansa Vacha Karmana, Only wise will understand the true value of these three words. When you will think about your goal or idea the entire time then the only final accomplishment of the goal can be reached. You can make hundreds of plan but until you walk on the path which will take you to the last step of achieving the goal, till that time you will feel stuck and lost.

Let me elaborate you with one more example of wise nature:-

An Island- where feelings lived

Once upon a time, there was an island, where all the feelings used to live. Happiness, sadness, knowledge, love, and others.

However one day, there came an announcement that an island would sink soon.

All the feelings started making their boats and soon left.

Only love stayed back to help others. When an island started to sink, love asked for help.

Money was passing by in a luxurious boat. Loves said, could you give me a ride back home

Money replied, my boat is full of gold and diamonds, there is no place for you.

Soon sadness was leaving, love decided to ask for help. But sadness was so sad that he preferred to ride alone and he rejected taking love along.

After that happiness was close by, love was waiting for happiness to pass by, but happiness was too happy that she didn’t even listen and went in a click.

Suddenly, love heard the voice, “Come, love, I will take you home” It was elderly. Love got so happy that he forgot to ask his name.

When they reached the other side, the elderly went on his way, and love still didn’t know who helped him.

Another elderly who was there watching them, knowledge, answered love, it was time who helped you.

Love questioned, Why did time help me?

Knowledge answered because only time knows the value of love.

Time is everything! It changes lives. If you are in a sad phase tomorrow you will see the sunshine. Only time teaches you who are the people who love you when you are in difficult times.

The arrogance of mind/speech/deeds:-

After discussing the ignorant and wise, there is one more side to human nature which is quite opposite named as Arrogance! In Arrogance, People do not realize they are living in pride. They consider themselves to be superior and will always find a way to humiliate sincere and genuine people.

Arrogant people’s behaviour is very cold, they do not give warmth or vibe to another person. They have negativity towards other more successful people. They can get jealous if someone gets appreciation in-office meetings or family functions.

This happens because they think of themselves to be perfect. They think they can never make a mistake. They do not consider other people can be better than them. Therefore, they always live in a state of discomfort. There is no peace in their mind. Thus it will not reflect in their speech and actions.

What you think inside the mind you show it outside. This is the basic rule to judge someone. Arrogant people will always have hatred and anger in their minds this will lead to incorrect behaviour thus damaging the self-image. It is barely impossible for them to expect encouragement or appreciation.

The basic difference between a  positive person and an arrogant person where you can judge these two would be based on- criticism, people who are honest and hardworking would accept their mistakes and positively take criticism. But an arrogant person cannot make accusations. They are all the time concerned about their prestige, their gestures change immediately when they are told of their own mistake, there is a sudden rise and fall in the tone of voice, and they will try to absolve themselves of any blame.

Arrogant people will always indulge themselves in exaggerated and attention-seeking behaviour in the way they walk, talk and look. They always want to be the object of love and affection. This unstable mind may lead to another defect in behaviour. Such a kind of arrogance in human nature is not appreciated and you will never be able to make honest and true friends. Everyone will try to repel you.

To sum up, I hope you liked this article because it describes human nature through an interesting Sanskrit phrase! If you liked this article do share your thoughts in the comment section below. Also, mention how would you sum up human nature in just three words.

Written By – Mansi Arora

#digitalwritopreneurhub #articlewriting #digitalwriting #sumuphumannatureinthreewords #writingcontest #mansiarora #mentor #rajindersoni #humannature #nature 

ReplyQuote
Sowspeaks
(@sowspeaks)
Eminent Member

Moments of Healing from Mother Nature

We have come from the Womb of Mother Nature and go back to her when the game is over.

And throughout our lifetime, she continues to nurture us with the food she provides and also nourishment in every other form.

Yet we make her the background of our life.

But there are times in our lives when only she can provide the succor, the support, the solace, and the strength that we so desperately need.

Then it is time to bring her to the foreground.

I find my inspiration from Nature and a lot of my visualization relies on Nature.

Bathe in the sunlight and the moonlight

And hug the air tight

Take a walk in the park and learn the biggest lessons of life.

Observe, Reflect, introspect and breathe in these deep lessons.

Lessons of Wisdom, of Grace, of Love unbounded, of Beauty

Sunlight

All of life on earth depends on sunlight and yet the Sun silently goes about his job giving evenly of his nourishment

Sun reminds me that no whatever be the situation tomorrow is a new day, fresh with hope and new beginnings and new energy.

Water

In her different forms- as oceans, seas, rivers, lakes, ponds, springs- she teaches us that no matter how small your beginnings are, it is possible to grow into something big. After all, she started as just a raindrop.

She can be demure and gurgling as a brook or a massive, powerful waterfall.

She doesn’t stop on the way but keeps flowing, free and beautiful.

Though soft she may seem, even a rock has to give way,

Such is her strength, born of perseverance,

No rock too hard, no mountain too big,

With hunger to meet the sea, she forges a way where there is none.

Hard though she may seem, she nurtures life deep inside

Of fishes and sea life, and beings known and unknown.

Meditations on Water

When in the midst of a difficult moment, I am reminded that I am 70% water. The river flows inside me too and I will find a way too, just as she does. No matter how hard things may seem, I can change the situation with my persistence and never say die attitude.

Nature teaches lessons of beauty.

Be it a small pebble, a big rock, a small nameless bird, or a large tree

There is grace, elegance, beauty, and symmetry for everyone to see

Just as with Nature, can we leave footprints of beauty wherever we go?

Footprints of kindness, of love, of grace.

Trees :

Can there be a better flag bearer of the power of letting go,

Of barrenness, of renewal, of hope restored

Of standing strong through all the different seasons of life.

Of giving of oneself through life and beyond

Web Of Life

The Web of Life, fragile, interdependent, precious

Held together with love and infinite patience

Big or small, there is a place for every beast and bee

Unique, special, and all of its own.

Nature teaches us of patterns and seasons

That there is a time and place for everything

No need to hurry, no need to worry,

In time all will be!

Nature abounds in both movement and stillness

The flowing stream, the floating cloud,

The dancing flower, the flying birds,

And the stillness of the forest….

Meditating In the Lap of Mother Nature

You can sit in the park, on the beach, in your small garden, or simply in your quiet space in your home.

You can use the verbal images given above as an aid for your mediation.

Deeply breathe in and out.

For eg. You are going through a tough phase and are looking for strength, then do the following meditation.

Strength: For strength, you can picture a large old oak tree with wide-spreading branches and feel its roots going deeper and deeper underneath, supporting a lot of life around it.

As you breathe in, you also breathe in the strength of the tree that allows it to shed all of its leaves. Knowing what to hold onto and what to let go.

As you breathe out, out goes the stress of letting go.

Letting go is natural, relaxing, and calming

For nature always replaces one thing with another.

Have faith in the higher scheme of things.

I breathe in, knowing that nature has her own timing

And she is never a moment early and never a moment late.

Breathe out, all the worry and stress.

Breathe in, and expand in knowing and grow long and deep,

Breathe out; knowing that it is all done.

In You, I Find Me

Unmoving like the mountain

Free like the clouds

Sturdy like a tree

And gurgling like the waters

I resonate with all of thee

And honor each part of me

I came to you and found me.

Nature can never be bound in a form. She can be held for a while with respect, awe, and wonder.

These are unstructured poems, which I use for meditation.

And hope you like them too.

Sit in a meditative pose. Read the poem. Then close your eyes and breathe in deep.

And allow yourself to be guided in her magic world.

Guided into healing and restoration.

Written by : sowspeaks (Sowrabha Mahesh)

#sowspeaks #sowrabhamahesh #writingcontest #digitalwritopreneurshub #naturemeditations

This post was modified 3 years ago by Sowspeaks

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: