Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ideas for Writing

Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is going to be pretty interesting. We would love to know where do you get all the ideas to write your articles? Bring it on!!!!

#ideas #contentwriting #contentwriters #digitalwritopreneurs

Mansi Arora
(@mana)
Trusted Member

Hi Risha Ma’am

This is a wonderful question 

It’s an individual thing. I get my ideas from my life, relationships, my family in Bareilly, where I travel etc. The people I speak to, I get the ideas from them. Since I joined DWHub my brainstorming has started. I have become more productive. There is so much in my mind I want to write on. I m blessed with the beautiful community and a humble mentor! 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Poulomi
 Poulomi
(@Poulomi)

Respected Sir
It is a very good and relevant question. In my opinion, I can say that to become a quality writer is a time-wrapped process. When started this process like publishing, promoting and branding -it will good to go for our future endeavour. The earning of a writer is not too high from the beginning of our career, but slowly it will grow either under the guidance of a mentor or by self learning with hard work and positiveness.
After getting success, you need not to look back and success will be your friends, philosopher and guide for your future.
As a freelance writer, I can suggest that a good writing platform like Medium, Hubpages will give you good potentiality to write more and more for publishing and promoting this on social media to become famous and strong.

ReplyQuote
Preeti Shah
(@preetishah)
Trusted Member

You can get ideas for writing everywhere. Train your mind to see an idea in each situation from everyday life. Use these ideas generating tips, to never run out of ideas and enjoy the writing process.

Books and Magazines

There are books and magazines for every interest. You can get an idea from a paragraph, line, fact, or an unresolved question in a book.

Re-evaluate Your Old Work

Re-evaluating helps you to explore the points that you ignored writing the first time. You can re-write it covering the latest developments to appeal to the new audience.

Social Media

It helps you to keep up with current trends. You read about people’s lives and questions they ask in groups. These are a great source of ideas.

Newsletters

Subscribe to newsletters from different and your field of interest. They are a great source to keep up with current trends and events in your field.

Movies

Movies and documentaries are a visual source of inspiration. You can find an idea from an unsolved issue or pick a fact to write about.

Blogs

You can read blogs related to your field. It will help you to learn and explore something new.

Writers’ Communities

Join writers’ communities. Discussion with your colleagues on different topics might help you to come up with a new idea. 

Q&A Forums

Read forums that match your interests and also some that are new to you. Generate ideas from the questions people ask and the discussions that take place there.

Unrestricted Writing

It is like journaling. Write a short paragraph about an idea as soon as it pops up without editing. Use a notepad and a pen or a note-taking app.

News

Read or watch the news to keep yourself updated about the current trends.  The ads, headlines, lifestyle news, etc. can help you generate new ideas.

Dreams

Your subconscious mind thinks about unrealistic things while dreaming. But sometimes your dream or a part of it can be an idea for your next write up.

Personal Experience

Look for ideas from your personal experience and stories told by your friends and family members. You can write about work or day-to-day experiences.

Traveling

While traveling you explore new places, objects, and the lifestyle of the people. It helps you to find new ideas.

Attend an Event

Attend a seminar (online or offline). You may or may not have the experience with the topic covered. But it changes the way you think and opens up your mind.

Surroundings

• Spend time with nature and notice what you see and hear.
  • Try a different route for your morning or evening walk and while driving to work. Do things in a different way to generate new ideas.
  • Watch how people behave in a public place for inspiration.

Quotes

Quotes can also act as prompts for your next write up.

Conclusion

Generating ideas is only one part of your writing journey. So, do not focus only on generating ideas. They are worthless unless you turn them into articles or stories that people want to read.

#thepreetishah #preetishahwriter #digitalwritopreneurs #ideasforwriting

Written & Edited By: Preeti Shah

This post was modified 3 years ago by Preeti Shah

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@preetishah Wow!!!! Great suggestions to generate ideas. Quite insightful!!!!

ReplyQuote
Preeti Shah
(@preetishah)
Trusted Member

@risha15 Thanks Risha! I am happy that you liked the ideas generating tips.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: