Share:
Notifications
Clear all

(9:10 PM Live Session) Protocol when connecting with a client

Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I would like to know about the protocol when connecting with clients for writing assignments.

1. What are the questions to be asked in the first meeting?

2. What does a sample consist of? : all the skeleton elements or just some of them? (do specify)

3. Expectations regarding payment: what is the best rate to get started with if it is my first assignment. I am asking this question because writers are usually taken for granted.

Thanks in advance 😊 

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Risha Khan

connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

Here are my answers Risha:

1. What are the questions to be asked in the first meeting?

Ask the questions like this if you are going to ghostwrite a book:

1. Should I send you one chapter at a time so that you can review and give further instructions?
  2. I am not clear about your keywords. Please elaborate?
  3. I will provide one revision per chapter if you are not happy with the first version.
  4. As book writing is a long project so I would prefer to receive payments per chapter. One revision is included in the fixed rates. Additional reviews will carry additional charges.
  5. What type of sources am I allowed to use when I am writing this book?
  6. If you will like my work, I would like to get a 1-min video testimonial from you to publish on my professional website. Is that okay with you?

Get an outline of the project in email as with email you will get it in writing. Actually, everything should be taken in writing from the client. For phone or video conversation, create a recording to write notes afterward. First, review the requirements and don’t consider that you are on the same page until you are clear about the KRAs of the project.

Keep the communication professional. You should not become too familiar as this go against you in negotiating rates after some time. It is good to be polite. Also, display responsibility while talking.

Provide the client with additional advice

Ongoing communication should always be documented for future use.

1. What does a sample consist of? : all the skeleton elements or just some of them? (do specify)

A sample consists of all the elements of a write-up, title, summary, introduction, body with level headings, and conclusion with a call to action.  

1. Expectations regarding payment: what is the best rate to get started with if it is my first assignment? I am asking this question because writers are usually taken for granted.

You can ask for rates according to your standards. As you are not an aspiring writer anymore so you can start with at least 1 rs per word. Aspiring writers can start from 35 ppw in the beginning and gradually reach 1.5 to 3 rs per word depending on their experience, branding, and client networking.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

ReplyQuote
Risha Khan
(@risha15)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@connectrajinder Thank you so much for your guidance and insightful tips, Sir!! Everything is clear now 👍 

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin

@risha15 I am happy I was able to guide you.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: