Share:
Notifications
Clear all

11 Pro Tips for Writing a Killer Blog Introduction & Body

connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Digital Writopreneurs Daily Dose Co-Authored By (Rajinder Soni → Prakash Pandey)

Important Announcement: All the readers who will comment below this post will get a special 7000 Rs. discount on our training so stay tuned and drop your comments.

Rajinder Soni: So guys today we will focus on writing a killer introduction for your post and follow it up with an engaging article body.

Our previous posts covered how to write catchy headlines, but do you know that the introduction of the post is just as important as writing an eye-catching title.

The introduction of the article is vital in engaging the readers. If the introduction is weak, it’ll discourage the reader from reading further – even if the title is captivating. You should master the art of writing introductions to keep the readers reading the article.

So Prakash, can you share some pro tips for writing engaging introductions?

Prakash Pandey: Sure, Rajinder.

As you already mentioned, introductions decide whether your reader stays with your post all through the end or leaves before reading the first paragraph, I start a post with interesting statistics, which acts as a hook and convinces readers to continue reading the post.

Let me share an example.

If I am writing a post on the average income of a freelancer in India, I’m going to mention that the average freelancer makes 20 lakhs or more annually, as per a PayPal study.

It is critical to provide proper sources of your data.

Let’s dive into some tips that you can use for creating engaging introductions.

• You should start your article with an interesting fact.
  • If you are going to tell a story in your post, always tell the end first, but don’t mention anything about the plot or how or even why. The intro should provide the readers with a heads-up summation without giving them a surprise.
  • Use an anecdote to make your intro super engaging
  • A relevant quote can make your intro catchy.
  • You should ask a worthwhile question in your intro.

Now I will give you three basic elements of the intro- hook, transition, and thesis:

1. Hook pulls readers into your post so make it brief, interesting, and engaging.

1. Transition connects the hook to the body of your post.

1. The thesis summarizes the topic and tells readers why they should read the post.

1. Get readers’ nodding by pointing out obvious facts.

1. Keep your first sentence short

1. You must write 2-3 lines to tell what this article is about

1. Address a concern or problem your readers might have

After headlines, introductions carry a lot of weight. You are always grappling for your reader to stick around, and an introduction that hooks the reader and keeps them on the line is a good way to do it. When you write the intro of your next article, ensure to use these tips.

I have a question from one of our community members for Rajinder.

The question is: Can I Get Some Proven Blogging Tips on Writing an Engaging Body?

Rajinder Soni: Sure, Prakash! I will share some important pointers.

Putting together an engaging article body is critical to hold your reader’s attention.

Without an engaging body, your blog post won’t leave any impression on the readers no matter how great your headline is and how much killer your intro is.

Here is a list of proven tips that will help you write an engaging body for your blog post:

• Write short paragraphs
  • Your paragraphs should not contain more than 3-4 sentences
  • Avoid repetition
  • Don’t write redundant sentences
  • Format the body properly
  • Provide insight into the body
  • The body should be written in an easy-to-read format
  • Use bullets to present important information  
  • Use subheadings in the body to make the information easy-to-follow
  • Data, statistics, quotes from the authorities will make the body more convincing
  • Cite authority source when you are mentioning the data
  • Make every word, phrase, and sentence count
  • Shorten sentences
  • Use simple and precise words
  • You can use some pop culture references like sharing content from popular and favorite TV shows, celebrity gossip, etc.
  • Go in-depth
  • Write something new
  • Make the body unique, even if the idea is not unique
  • If you have defined a problem in the introduction, the body must offer a solution
  • The more facts and figures you have in the body, the more convincing the body of your article will be
  • The body of your article must address your main point
  • If a headline catches your readers, the body of your article keeps them in the fold

In our topics for writers, so far we have covered headlines, introduction, and body.

So our next post will focus on writing impactful conclusions and how to add a CTA (call to action) to the post!

#writearticle #writeintroduction #writebody #digitalwritopreneurs #rajindersoni #prakashpandey #amitmasih

Moderator: Amit Masih, Website and Content Developer

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

Ana
 Ana
(@Ana)

This article is extremely helpful for all the beginners. I will be bookmarking this.

ReplyQuote
connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Ana we will sharing more valuable knowledge and information in the field of online writing and publishing. Thank you for adding your comment. Stay tuned.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: