Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What is your work schedule when you are writing?

connectrajinder
(@connectrajinder)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hello Writopreneurs,

What is your writing schedule?  Share your inputs with aspiring writers. So they can also get inspired.

Rajinder Soni, CEO
Digital Writopreneurs Hub
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajindersoni/

Preeti Shah
(@preetishah)
Trusted Member

A proper writing schedule plays an important role in the life of a professional writer. It helps you develop a regular writing habit and prevents you from falling prey to procrastination.

But, a single work schedule cannot work for everyone.

Still, there are a few things that I follow and can be followed by everyone to maintain a balance between work and personal life.

Prepare a To-do list

• Write the list a night before.
  • Prepare separate lists for work and household activities.
  • Prepare a fresh list every day.
  • Keep it short.
  • Prioritize tasks in decreasing order of importance.
  • Highlight three major tasks and stick to them. Less important tasks can be completed later.

Maintain a Proper Sleep Schedule

Get enough hours of sleep to refresh your mind and avoid physical weakness.

Do Physical Activity

Get up early and start your day with light exercise. It keeps you fresh and energized throughout the day.

Analyze the Most Productive Time of the Day

Analyze the time of the day when you are most creative and energetic. Schedule your writing work for that time of the day. You can alter your writing schedule according to your present circumstances.

Minimize Distractions

• Chose the area where you feel most comfortable and not get distracted while writing. Your brain will get trained to go into writing mode as soon as you enter your writing space.
  • Turn off distractions, such as switching off or keeping your cell phone in silent mode for a specified time, turning off notifications, etc. You must focus only on writing.
  • Write down your goals on paper. Place them at a place where you can see them every time you sit down to write.

Take Regular Breaks

Regular breaks make you more productive.

Some of the activities that you can do during the break:

• Go for a short walk.
  • Take an online yoga class.
  • Spend time with your family.
  • Do household work.
  • Relax your mind by doing meditation.
  • Eat your meals.

This way, you can focus on your family along with your work. Take short and long duration breaks according to your requirement.

Set Separate Time for Reading and Writing

Apart from writing, develop a regular reading habit if you want your writing career to last long. The more you read the more you will learn and improve your writing skills.

You can read blogs, books, newspapers or enroll in a free course.       

Record Your Progress

Track how much you write each day. It will keep you motivated to follow your routine.

Reward Yourself

Reward yourself each time you accomplish a task. You can reward yourself by taking a short break, going for a walk, listening to your favorite music, or relaxing with your eyes closed. Rewards motivate you to do better each time.

Stick to Your Routine

Once you set a routine stick to it. You can follow a flexible routine as per your goals and current situation. But, remain committed to it to achieve your writing goals.

Conclusion

A proper work schedule needs to be followed for a successful writing career.

Apart from writing, you must spare time to relax and entertain yourself. It will rejuvenate your senses and you will get charged up again for the next day’s work.

#thepreetishah #preetishahwriter #digitalwritopreneurs #writingschedule

Written & Edited By: Preeti Shah

This post was modified 3 years ago by Preeti Shah

ReplyQuote
D Arun Prasad
 D Arun Prasad
(@D Arun Prasad)

I follow a daily core run of reading for 30 minutes and listening to audios of successful speakers on my niche for another 39 minutes…

I do this very religiously every day…when J read and listen I jot down important takeaways. Then i spend around another 15 minutes to rephrase the collection into a script of around 1200/words ..spend around 5 minutes to edit it and find whether it is grammatical correct and publish it with a catchy title and sub headings…

As I have been doing this as a routine, now it has become a habit formation for me…

Ofcourse the coaching and mentorship program from our Academy has helped me a lot to rephrase my sentences quite impressive and impactful.

Depending on availability of time, I fine tune my articles several tines before publishing

ReplyQuote
Poulomi
 Poulomi
(@Poulomi)

Hello Writers,

I am very much passionate about writing. Everyday, I am writing whatever ideas come to my mind, I just start with massive concentration. I start with 800 words or more, I never lose concentration. Here is the schedule that I basically follow:

1. I am not a early riser, but start my day at 7 am in the morning.
2. I strictly follow a planned routine.
2. I maintain a notepad or diary to plan a writing’s list 
3. To write, reading is very important. So I usually divide the reading schedule as well as writing.
4. I am a freelancer and continue my day job along with article writing.
5. I also read articles of other writopreneurs and get inspired with their vocabulary, usage of grammar and sentence construction.
6. I usually divide my article writing time in two days. Suppose if I will start today, I’ll complete it by tomorrow for sure.
7. I get my article evaluated by an editor.
8. If you will follow everything in a disciplined way, your outcome will be outstanding.

So these are my schedule that I follow.

RAVINDER, connectrajinder, Risha Khan and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: